With Final Fantasy XIV having just concluded its first major story arc with the conclusion of the Endwalker expansion, Square Enix are looking to the future starting with Patch 6.1: Newfound Adventure, which is now available on North American, European, Japanese and Oceanic data centers.
This latest patch beings a new story for the Warrior of Light while adding an array of new content alongside enhancements to support an approachable solo-play experience. These changes include, but are not exclusive to, adjustments to several low-level main scenario duties as well as the implementation of the new Duty Support System, which provides players with the ability to complete 4-player main scenario dungeons and trials from A Ream Reborn (2.0) alongside a party of NPCs. Major revisions to Cape Westwind and later duties have been made to further support an accessible, solo-play experience.
In terms of new content, players can look forward to some of the following:
- Main Scenario Quests – Patch 6.1 will mark the start of a fresh chapter for the Warrior of Light, beginning a new storyline following the acclaimed Endwalker conclusion.
- New Role Quest – An additional story will become available after completing all Endwalker role quests.
- Duty Support System for A Realm Reborn – Players can now complete main scenario dungeons and trials from A Realm Reborn (2.0) with NPC party members.
- New Dungeon – Players will be able to access an additional dungeon in the Patch 6.1 main scenario quest.
- New Trial: The Minstrel’s Ballad: The Endsinger’s Aria – Players can experience a new Extreme Trial, The Minstrel’s Ballad: Endsinger’s Aria.
- Unreal Trial: Ultima’s Bane (Unreal) – Relive the battle against the mech of myth in this Unreal difficulty battle challenge.
- New Alliance Raid: Myths of the Realm – The first part in a new 24-player alliance raid, Myths of the Realm: Aglaia, will challenge players as they uncover more about the divinities known as the Twelve.
- New PvP Content: Crystalline Conflict – Crystalline Conflict is small-scale PvP available to all players level 30 and above. Patch 6.1 also includes PvP action updates and implements a new PvP rewards system.
- Empyreum Residential Area – Plots in Empyreum, the new Ishgardian residential district, are available for purchase.
- Adventurer Plates (beta version) – Create and customize character profiles and plate designs using Adventurer Plates. Character profiles can now include information like a player’s favorite job and title, player portraits, playstyle preference, active play times and more.
- Portraits (beta version) – Capture the appearance of your Warrior of Light by customizing poses, movements, camera angles, backgrounds, framing, lighting, and more. You may save a variety of different portraits and select one to be applied to your adventurer plate.
- The Unending Codex – An assortment of information on characters and terms up through Patch 6.0 will be added to player’s Collections as they progress through the Patch 6.1 main scenario, with new entries being added as the story unfolds.
- New Game+ Update – Players can now revisit previously completed quests, cutscenes and battles from Endwalker and a portion of Patch 6.1 while keeping their current character and levels.
- New Gear and Mounts: GARO Collaboration – PvP gear inspired by the hit Japanese TV show GARO returns with Patch 6.1. Players can earn special mounts and gear modeled after the show designed by legendary character designer Keita Amemiya. New jobs introduced in Shadowbringers and Endwalker can also equip this collaboration gear.
- Miscellaneous Updates – Additional content and updates have been added with the launch of Patch 6.1, including job adjustments, new Hrothgar hairstyles, more glamour plates, the ability to try on items from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Store and more.
In addition to all this, more content will be rolled out via sub-patches over the coming months, which include but also not limited to:
- “Tataru’s Grand Endeavor” (Patch 6.1x) – The spotlight falls upon Tataru in this new sidequest series.
- New Ultimate Duty: Dragonsong’s Reprise (Patch 6.11) – Players will revisit the fearsome battles of the Dragonsong War, with a new level of difficulty.
- “Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures” (Patch 6.15) – The inspector extraordinaire and his friends will return in another sidequest series, which will begin in Patch 6.15.
- New Custom Deliveries (Patch 6.15) – Crafters and gatherers will be able to earn rewards through new Custom Deliveries with Ameliance Leveilleur.
- New Tribal Quests (Patch 6.15) – New Arkasodara tribal quests for battle classes and jobs will be added.
- Data Center Travel (Patch 6.18) – Players will be able to visit Worlds in different logical data centers within the same physical data center.
- Omega: Beyond the Rift (Patch 6.1x)
One personal highlight of this expansion is the inclusion of the song ‘In The Balance’, which is featured in the new Alliance Raid. While Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker and the Final Fantasy XIV franchise as a whole feature many memorable tracks, this is by far one of my favourite songs this expansion. You can hear a bit of the song via the trailer above.