In a new update made to the official website for Final Fantasy XIV Online, producer and director Naoki Yoshida has outlined the current state of the game and its ongoing development during the COVID-19 outbreak.
You can read the full statement HERE, or scroll down for a key summary of details shared:
- Patch 5.25 was mostly completed during the 5.2 patch cycle, and they were able to finish development despite some staff members working from home.
- Patch 5.3 was planned for mid-June 2020, however will be delayed given the current impacts on the development schedule on everything from asset creation to voice recording delays to production/QA teams working below normal capacity.
- Servers will be maintained from home. The game will be running as usual, but GM Support and Support Desk enquiries may experience delayed responses.
- It might be difficult for them to implement bug fixes or maintenance issues. They will maintain communication with players should this arise.
- Live letters are planned to continue if possible.
Final Fantasy XIV Online this week received its version 5.25 patch, which implemented Resistance Weapons through a simple (but visually and narratively impressive) questline. You can read more about how to unlock them HERE.