Being published in North America and PAL regions directly by Nintendo, it has recently been confirmed that Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past will be available on the Nintendo 3DS starting September 16 2016. As you may have noticed from the title, this is not a completely new Dragon Quest instalment, but rather a retelling of Dragon Quest VII – first released on the PlayStation 1 in 2000.
In this RPG, players will travel to the past to save the present, as they work to restore forgotten lands and face off against an unknown evil. Giving a good level of customisability to the party of heroes who will accomplish this goal, Dragon Quest VII offers more than 30 vocations to choose from, with a range of new spells and abilities usable in the game’s turn-based battle system.
Developed by Artepiazza and Square Enix, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past will be available on the Nintendo 3DS starting September 16 2016.
- Rebuilt visuals and a complete retelling of the story make this a fresh way to experience this classic game.
- Explore a beautifully designed world that you shape as you travel back and forth in time.
- Meet an iconic cast of classic characters and monsters designed by critically acclaimed manga and game artist Akira Toriyama.
- Customize your party from more than 30 vocations and level up in turn-based battles to learn new spells and abilities.
- Expand and share your adventure even more with the StreetPass feature – send and receive traveler’s tablets to explore new dungeons that contain rare monsters and unique equipment.