E3 is usually about video game developers/publishers showcasing games that we will have to wait some period of time for, before we get to play them from the comfort of our gaming room. While it may not be a major AAA or anything along those lines, Nintendo have opted to be one of the few major publishers to announce the surprise launch of a game at E3 2016. It has been confirmed that Rhythm Heaven Megamix on the Nintendo 3DS is now available for purchase digitally from the Nintendo eShop.
With more than 70 rhythm games from across the series along with those new to this instalment, Rhythm Heaven Megamix will see players test their ability to keep a beat while chopping wood, sticking speeding viruses with forks and playing badminton while flying an airplane.
While I have yet to play this for myself, having enjoyed Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise on the Nintendo Wii, this is one game I will definately be picking up.
- Features updated rhythm games from the Game Boy Advance, Wii and Nintendo DS Rhythm Heaven games.
- A combo of new rhythm games, fan-favorites, and U.S. debuts make this the ultimate Rhythm Heaven game
- Rhythm Heaven Megamix includes more than 70 rhythm games, the most in the series.
- Some Rhythm Heaven rhythm games found only in Japan make their North American debut with new music.
- Soundtrack created with help from legendary Japanese music producer, Tsunku♂.
- Encounter others with the StreetPass feature for a chance to match their punching robot’s skills in a 1-on-1 battle.
- Play with up to four players simultaneously and take on special multiplayer rhythm games to earn Flow Balls (additional systems and games required for multiplayer mode; sold separately).
- Purchase additional rhythm games by spending Flow Balls.