Following their release of Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes in September 2014, Disney Interactive have finally announced that the free Disney Infinity: Top Box 2.0 app is now available for download on the iPad and iPhone. This app is the newest addition to the Disney Infinity franchise, featuring all the tools and enhanced features present in the core game w/ all-new multiplayer functionality which they claim will allow mobile games to create one-of-a-kind Toy Boxes together using their favourite Marvel and Disney characters, vehicles, settings and items.
In terms of playable characters, Disney Infinity: Toy Box 2.0 for iOS features three complementary characters which will rotate often – giving players a taste of the different abilities/skills held by each character from Disney and Marvel franchises. For those looking at a bit more stability in their character roster, all obtained toys from the Disney Infinity universe will carry across through DisneyID support.
Disney Interactive have listed the following as their “detailed list of game features” for the iOS release:
- Toy Box 2.0 anywhere – Ability to transfer creations cross-platform for further editing and play
- Bring on the Super Heroes – Marvel Super Heroes come to Disney Infinity: Toy Box 2.0 with some of Marvel’s most memorable characters from The Avengers, Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy universes.
- Optimised for Metal – Full Metal optimisation provides higher quality graphics and gameplay performance to near-console quality on compatible iOS devices.
- Multiplayer functionality – Players can now build and play simultaneously in a Toy Box on their mobile devices online with Wi-Fi connection.
- Toy Box Games – Gamers can now play the included, fast-paced Toy Box Games or even create their own games to share with friends.
- New features in Disney Infinity: Toy Box 2.0 – New tools that make it easier to create and customize worlds and games, daily challenges, and the ability to customize INteriors
John Blackburn | Senior Vice President and General Manager of Disney Infinity
With the Disney Infinity: Toy Box 2.0 app, we wanted to give our fans the chance to build and play console-quality Toy Boxes on their tablets and smart phones, and Metal allows us to offer the highest-quality Disney Infinity experience, whether players are already on console or coming to the game exclusively through their mobile devices. Disney Infinity’s mobile players have been some of our most engaged in our community, with iPad users downloading and uploading more Toy Boxes than all other platforms combined over the past year
Primarily developed by Avalanche Software, Disney Infinity 2.0 is also available on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC and Wii U.