Square Enix have this evening announced the availability of the action RPG BLOODMASQUE on the iOS platform. Purchasable via the Apple App Store, this game will set you back $6.99 which from past releases seems to be on the cheaper end of Square Enix iOS titles.
Set in an alternate vision of 19th century Paris, BLOODMASQUE pits players against a vampire-controlled society. Hunters can use their iOS device’s built-in camera to scan their face into the game and appear as the main character. Some of the other promoted features of this game includes:
- Control finesse: BLOODMASQUE was designed with the touch screen in mind. Intuitive controls let you tap to attack and swipe to dodge as you combat a diverse monster’s gallery.
- Spectacle: Unreal Technology powered action renders large-scale combatants and beautifully drawn stages smoothly and in terrific detail. Stirring orchestral arrangements accompany the action and take the sense of immersion to new highs.
- Customization: Take a photo or use an existing one to see yourself in action against the vampires, or mix and match facial features, hairstyles, and skin tones to create a character all your own. Add pleased and angry expressions to see your hunter react in cinematic scenes and combat.
- Comrades-at-arms: Recruit hunters other players have made and fight evil alongside the familiar faces of your friends.
- Longevity: Full completion is timed at up to 20 hours – with a further series of challenging combat trials available after the main story ending. An array of in-game purchases help add to the experience and further expand options for players.
Unfortunately there are some console restrictions – with the app only confirmed playable on the iPhone 4S and above, iPod Touch (5th Generation and Above) and the iPad 2 and above.