Nintendo Australia have confirmed that Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge (The VERY FIRST R18+ rated game in Australia), will launch tomorrow on the Wii U as a digital download via their Nintendo eShop service.
This should be familiar to those who have already played/read about the game, but in comparison to the original edition of the game (Ninja Gaiden 3), there will be new weapons (A total of 6), a redesigned battle system and an online multiplayer mode for fans to share the adventure together.
Below are some promoted features of the game:
- The return of Dismemberment: The game restores enemies’ ability to fight with severed arms or legs, requiring players to stay nimble with their battle strategies.
- Ayane as a playable character: In previous versions of the game, Ayane appeared only briefly in one cut scene. Now players can help her progress through her own exclusive chapters using a special set of weapons and Ninpo attacks.
- Character-progression system: Using Karma points earned during gameplay, players can upgrade weapons and Ninpo, learn new moves, increase their HP level and unlock new character costumes.
- Ryu and Ayane playable in co-op mode: Players can use Ryu or Ayane to represent themselves in the game’s online co-op mode.
- Test of Valor battle areas: Each chapter includes a hidden battle area called Test of Valor. Upon finding hidden Crystal Skulls, players will be transported to these areas to face down waves of enemies and classicNINJA GAIDEN boss characters with new moves.
- Wii U GamePad Functionality: Using the Wii U GamePad, players can easily change weapons or Ninpo attacks, and also quickly reference the button inputs required for various combo attacks without ever stopping the action.
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge was released on the Playstation 3 and XBox360 early last month.