While you may know Firaxis Games for their big name titles such as XCOM: Enemy Unknown and a surprisingly long line of games in the Sid Meier’s franchise, they have also been at work on their first iOS exclusive title that shows a new side to the teams creative processes. I am referring to Haunted Hollow, which today went live today on the App Store.
So what does Haunted Hollow entail? It is set to be a competitive, spooky, turn-based game targeted at all ages of gamers. Players are left to build a mansion to house some stereotypical types of monsters including vampires, mummies and werewolves, whom earn their keep by going up against an opponent’s collection of creatures all the while attempting to wreck havoc on an unsuspecting town. Best of all, if this appeals to you the game is free to download although there are in-app purchases to factor in if you want to spend some money towards supporting the developers.
For the formalities, below are some promoted key features:
- Build and rule a mysterious mansion that spawns freaky monsters, including vampires, zombies, mummies, witches and reapers
- Go head-to-head with rivals to scare townspeople, battle enemies, avoid angry mobs and seize control of the town
- Level-up with each monster’s own menacing skills and powers, in addition to a selection of power enhancements
- Play single-player or multi-player by challenging friends, both through the Game Center and with Pass & Play
- Choose from varying Haunted House architecture styles such as the ‘Lost Temple’ and ‘Mad Scientist’.
Sarah Anderson | Senior Vice President of Marketing at 2K
Haunted Hollow exemplifies the ways in which 2K and Firaxis are working to produce creative and original content aimed at both our long-time fans and mobile gamers everywhere. This title showcases how our mobile offerings can provide deep and rewarding experiences, while attracting a range of players with iconic characters and a fun art-style that speaks to gamers of all ages and types.
Steve Martin, President and Studio Head at Firaxis Games
As Firaxis explores the potential of the mobile platform, our teams remain committed to creating content that is fun, innovative, and true to our core. Haunted Hollow represents the heart of the Firaxis studio in providing an in-depth strategy experience that speaks to our core fan base, while simultaneously appealing to a broader audience with its casual graphics and eclectic gameplay features.
On the 3rd May 2013 at 11AM PT, 2K are inviting gamers to join them during a special livestream event where they will be talking and showing off the game, as well as showing off some XCOM strategies, talk about Civilization V: Brave New World and some new footage from the recently announced Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol.