Ubisoft and Nadeo have recently announced that ShootMania Storm (or SMS), the companies online multiplayer first-person shooter will be released on the 23rd January 2013 for the Windows PC. This download is only set to be made available via ManiaPlanet – with a second beta phase set to launch in December 2012.
- 3D Objects imports in the map editor
- ManiaCup: This “eSports 2.0” tool allows all players to easily create tournaments inside ManiaPlanet, including player registration, prize pool management, etc…
- ManiaTeams: Players will be able to register their team inside ManiaPlanet, track the team statistics, register teams to tournaments, etc.
- New moves (Laser Jump, Wall Jump, Grappling Hook and more)
- New Game modes: Victory and Fortress
- Opening of the “Welcome Build”: The “Welcome Build” is a specific game build especially designed to offer an easy introduction to SMS for newcomers, giving free permanent access to the Royal and Elite game modes.
- At the launch of SMS, it will be free and available to all, but from October on, it will allow all ManiaPlanet existing players to send invitations to their friends who will then be able to download that client. This experience will remain on invitation until SMS launches.
Developed by Ubisoft’s Nadeo studio, SMS follows the footsteps of TrackMania, Nadeo’s successful arcade racing game, to present a new dimension in first-person shooter. As part of the ManiaPlanet platform, SMS puts players at the centre of their gaming experience. To date, players have created more than 15 game modes and already designed more than 20,000 maps using ManiaPlanet’s proprietary map editor.