Udon Entertainment Make a Plethora of Artbook Announcements at San Diego Comic-Con 2014
With San Diego Comic-Con happening this weekend, many companies have brought a plethora of acquisition announcements to make during the event. One of these companies was artbook / design compendium publisher Udon Entertainment, which last week announced their plans to announce a dozen new titles at the event, spread across ten different properties.
With their panel being held yesterday evening, the new announcements are as follows:
- Udon Entertainment have confirmed their continued commitment to the Street Fighter Comic Series, with new hardcover editions and V2 being set for release very shortly.
- A special hardcover edition of the Street Fighter World Warrior Encyclopaedia will be released next year. This classic title has been sold out for over a year now, and we’ll be reprinted in an oversized format that matches their other graphic novel releases. Content from Ultra will also be updated, and will feature brand new artwork.
- A North American version of The Art of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies is in the work, for release in 2014.
- Based on demand from fans, Udon Entertainment have secured the rights to the Kill la Kill manga. Distribution will begin in 2015.
- Three new “Manga Classics” titles have been acquired, based on The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne, Great Expectations by Charles Dickens and Emma by Jane Austen
- Katamari Volume 1 the collected ShiftyLook comic by Alex Culang and Raynato Castro AND Makeshift Miracle Volume 2: The Boy Who Stole Everything by Jim Zub and Shun Hong Chan WILL be published by Udon Entertainment in December 2014.
- Record of Agarest War: Heroines Visual Book and Record of Agarest War 2: Heroines Visual Book are planned for release at a later date.
- Shining Blade and Ark, featuring the art of Tony Taka. This title is a compilation of the artwork from both Shining Blade and Shining Ark games. This is Udon’s fourth release in the Shining artbook series.
- Yu-Gi-Oh Dual Art collects the artwork of Takahashi Kazuki from the Yu-Gi-Oh series, including card art, personal illustrations, manga illustrations and more.
- Two art books by Osamu Tezuka have been acquired. Osamu Tezuka Anime Character Sketchbook offers a look into the sketchbook drawings and designs of this artist. Osamu Tezuka Anime Character Illustrations on the other hand is a collection of character model sheets and animations spanning his body of work.
- Udon will be producing an English-language version of the Professor Layton Official Fanbook, published by Level 5 and QBIST in Japan!
- Gungnir Official Art Chronicle has also been confirmed, based on an epic Norse-inspired JRPG.
- Border Break Artworks, Udon’s first full-on mecha art book! Chock full of schematics, sketches, pilot designs and background materials!
- While the ink is still drying on this acquisition, Udon is soon set to announce that they will be releasing a series of Robotech/Macross artbooks in the future.