CD Projekt Red has not fully ended active development on Cyberpunk 2077, with the developer and publisher confirming that their open-world action-game will be receiving a new, and free, Update 2.1 version starting 5 December 2023. This release date coincides with the availability of the game’s Ultimate Edition physical releases, and will be available on the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and Windows PC versions of the game. Unfortunately, those who only have access to Cyberpunk 2077 on the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One will be out of luck.
So what can players look to in this update?
- One of the major inclusions will be (finally) a city-wide fully functional NCART metro system, which they describe as “offering a more relaxed way of getting about the most dangerous megalopolis of the dark future — and taking in the beautiful views along the way”. This was a feature showcased very on in the game’s promotion which was ultimately cut, so nice to see this timeless form of transportation will finally make it into the game.
- Radioport lets players enjoy the eclectic musical vibes of Cyberpunk 2077’s selection of radio stations beyond the confines of their vehicle of choice. Taking a peaceful stroll around the city and don’t want to listen to the honks and sounds of a bustling cyberpunk city? Finally you have an alternate option.
- New hangouts with romantic partners are also available to partake in. Following the update, players will be able to invite their in-game significant other to enjoy some quality time together in V’s apartment.
- Additional chases and replayable car races are also on the agenda – the latter already implemented in the game but only accessible through a very small number of missions.
- Boss fight improvements, ncluding the late-game Adam Smasher fight. Smasher’s AI has been improved and he’s now equipped with a Sandevistan, as seen in Cyberpunk:Edgerunners
- The Porsche 911 Cabriolet, new motorcycles, upgraded motorcycle handling and new riding mechanics.
- Accessibility features – including larger interface font and the ability to turn off the timer in the Breach Protocol minigame. You can check specifics out in these new inclusions HERE, but I for one am excited for increased subtitle sizes, and larger fonts in general.
Cyberpunk 2077’s Update 2.1 is coming to Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC on 5 December 2023. It’ll be available for free to all existing and future owners of the game