Deviating a bit from the series’ two year release cycle for expansions, Square Enix today announced that the fifth expansion for Final Fantasy XIV, titled Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail is currently in development and will be released in mid-2024. This release will be available not only on the PC and PlayStation 5, which the game has been available on for years, but also the Xbox Series X|S.
The expansion was first revealed by Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida during his keynote address at the FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival 2023 in Las Vegas, and while many details are still to come, features a feature set including:
- Journey to the New World, Tural, and its capital, Tuliyollal
- Explore new areas, including the mountainous Urqopacha and the forest of Yak T’el
- New Allied Tribes, including the diminutive Pelupelu who wear distinctive masks and inhabit Urqopacha
- Level Cap increase from 90 to 100
- Multiple New Jobs
- Core Battle Content including FATEs, Hunts, Treasure Hunts and Sidequests
- New Dungeons
- New Threats, including Valigarmanda
- Duty Support Update
- New Gear and Recipes
- Expansive New Lifestyle Content
- New Variant Dungeons, Alliance Raid, 8-Player Raid and Ultimate Raid
- PvP Update
- Ongoing Content Updates, including a Blue Mage Update, Inconceivably Further Hildibrand Adventures, New Plans for Deep Dungeons and a Gold Saucer Update
Additionally, Dawntrail will also see Final Fantasy XIV’s first major graphical overhaul for both character and world visual assets, including improvements “to screen-wide aesthetic appeal”, higher resolution textures and shadows, and improved material qualities. It is safe to assume that this content will not be locked behind an expansion purchase, and shall instead be introduced into the base game as well.
Expect to hear more about Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail over the coming year, leading to its launch.