Paradox Interactive and developer Colossal Order has announced the release of the final expansion pack, along with Content Creator Packs for its city-building game, City: Skylines. This release comes as work continues on the fully fledged sequel, Cities: Skylines II, which is expected to release sometime in the near future.
The expansion, titled “Hotels & Retreats”, developed by Colossal Order, introduces a hotel management element, allowing players to build vacation and tourist hotspots in their city. Cities: Skylines – Hotels & Retreats is now accessible on platforms like Steam, Epic, Microsoft Store, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. The suggested retail price is set at 7.99 USD / 6,69 GBP / 7.99 EUR.
The Hotels & Retreats expansion equips players with the tools to create luxury accommodations and tourist attractions, which serve to boost the city’s economy. Starting with a small hotel chain, players can unlock more specialized accommodations, further expanding their city’s tourism sector.
The expansion pack launch is accompanied by the availability of “The Industrial Evolution,” “Railroads of Japan,” and “Brooklyn & Queens” Content Creator Packs. These packs can be bought together in a bundle with Hotels & Retreats for 29.99 USD / 24.99 GBP / 29.99 EUR.
Colossal Order’s CEO, Mariina Hallikainen, reflected on the successful journey of Cities: Skylines and emphasized the game’s community:
For more information on both the expansion pack and the content creator packs, scroll down:
Cities: Skylines – Hotels & Retreats Promoted Features
- Hotel Buildings: Hostels, cabins, hotels, luxurious resorts… you name it! Add a series of hotel buildings to your city on a range of budgets.
- Hotel Management: Start with one-star hotels and unlock new options as your business revenue and popularity booms.
- Tourism Buildings: New structures will support your hotels: parks, restaurants, playgrounds, and cafès.
- Location: Matching hotels with good locations will be paramount, as differing locations will attract different tourist groups. We added 5 new maps for your hotels (3 European-inspired maps, 1 tropical map, and 1 temperate map)
Cities: Skylines – New Content Creator Packs
- Industrial Evolution: Walk the path of history with “Industrial Evolution”, from Community Creator Samantha “Avanya” Woods. This Content Creator Pack includes a new set of growable buildings that span different eras of industrial building styles, from red brick walls to modern, sleek industrial complexes.
Industrial Evolution includes a total of 70 new buildings inspired by both historic and contemporary industrial buildings.
- Railroads of Japan: Fun discoveries await with “Railroads of Japan” from Content Creator Ryuichi Kaminogi, adding authentic Japanese railroad scenery to Cities: Skylines with stations, trains, buses, and more!
Watch your citizens travel using the metro, bus, and railroad. Decorate your commutes with networks, props, and police stations.
- Brooklyn & Queens: This pack from Content Creator Prosper, is a set of medium-rise high-density residential buildings and props inspired by the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Queens for decorating your city’s facade and rooftops.
Brooklyn & Queens includes 60+ growable buildings and props, such as rental signs, window air conditioners, exhaust fans, stairways, and more!
Colossal Order confirms their intention to continue general support for Cities: Skylines through the rest of 2023. The remastered versions of these content packs and expansion for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S will be available later this summer.