Developed by French independent studio Midgar Studio and published by GS2 Games, the now formerly digital-exclusive Chrono Trigger-inspired JRPG Edge of Eternity can be purchased at retail exclusively on the PlayStation 5 in North America and Latin America. This special boxed edition will be available via select retailers while stocks last – with seemingly no additional content features or added goodies.
Edge of Eternity originally released in June 2021 exclusively on the PC, with console ports being made available on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and the Nintendo Switch in February 2022.
Edge of Eternity follows the journey of Daryon and Selene, two soldiers determined to uncover the truth behind the insidious Corrosion plaguing their world. A motley band of adventurers join the heroic duo, each with their own dreams and motivations, and you’ll shape their fate and the destiny of the world with the decisions you make at key moments throughout your journey.
Promoted features of the game include:
- A riveting story with numerous plot twists and heart-wrenching moments
- Tactical combat – Establish clever tactics on the Nexus Grid to outwit your enemies
- Use the environment – Lure your enemies into devious traps, then outsmart and outflank them to inflict massive damage
- Craft your gear and upgrade it with powerful crystals to unlock unique combinations of skills and power-ups
- Meet a cast of larger-than-life cast of companions, each with their own set of unique skills
- Solve quests in multiple ways – Make your own choices and face their consequences