Microsoft may have recently acquired Bethesda Softworks, and in turn their range of IPs, but they do appear to be honouring all console exclusivity deals prior to the acquisition. Therefore, Bethesda and development team Arkane Lyon has confirmed that their PlayStation 5 and PC first-person shooter Deathloop will be available for purchase from 21 May 2021 worldwide. Subsequently, pre-orders are now being taken via the PlayStation Store (PS5) and Bethesda.net Launcher (PC), with Steam pre-orders set to open in the near future.
Deathloop will have two editions available at launch – a Standard Edition priced at $99.95 AUD which comes with a selection of pre-order bonuses and a Deluxe Edition for $129.95 AUD which comes with a selection of digital-only goodies. A further breakdown of these bonuses can be found below:
- “Storm Rider” Colt Character Skin
- One Trinket (equippable in-game buff)
- The Dishonored inspired Unique Weapon, Royal Protector Machete (PlayStation 5 Exclusive)
- Includes all pre-order bonuses outlined above
- Eat The Rich Tribunal Unique Weapon
- .44 Karat Fourpounder Unique Weapon
- “Party Crasher” Colt Character Skin
- “Sharp Shooter” Julianna Character Skin
- Original Game Soundtrack Selections
- Two Trinkets (equippable in-game buffs)
- The Prey inspired Unique Weapon, Transtar Trencher (PlayStation 5 Exclusive)
As Colt, players are trapped in a time loop on the enigmatic island of Blackreef, doomed to repeat the same day for eternity. The only chance for escape is to break the loop by unearthing information and assassinating eight key targets before the day resets. However, lurking in the shadows is rival assassin Julianna, equipped with her own equally powerful abilities and weapons, on a mission to protect the loop by assassinating Colt, and restarting the cycle.