Do you like special editions of niche JRPGs? GAIJINWORKS may just have the set for you.
Pushing ahead with their work on Summon Night 6: Lost Borders, the independent publisher have unveiled their ‘Wonderful Edition’ for the JRPG. This will be a deluxe premium box set exclusively for the PlayStation 4, which comes with a number of extra goodies. These include:
- Most obviously, a copy of Summon Night 6: Lost Borders on the PlayStation 4. This copy comes with a multi-sided artwork coversheet w/ a full-colour instruction manual.
- A 200+ paged dust-jacketed hardcover art book which chronicles the Summon Night
- A complete soundtrack for Summon Night 6: Lost Borders containing 32 tracks.
- An exclusive 7” plush figure of one of the three sidekick characters from the game (Patch, Quilt or Linen). Unfortunately for some, these will come randomly packaged rather than individually chosen.
- Four exclusive PVC-moulded drink coasters, one for each of the main chararters and one for the game logo.
- Exclusive 21” x 30” Summon Night 6: Lost Borders wall poster
- All of this will be enclosed in an exclusive collector’s box with a serial-numbered hologram
Starting from today, fans can purchase digital reservation voucher codes which entitle them to physical copies of the Wonderful Edition when it is released in February 2017. These can be purchased via the Gaijinworks website for $129.00 USD between now and September 15th. Afterwards, the reservation vouchers will sell for $149.00 USD until the end of October. No more copies will be sold after this date, as the company will only be manufacturing enough to meet demand.
For its price, this is one special edition I will most likely be pre-ordering in the near future, and have paid a lot more for editions which have come with considerably less content.
Victor Ireland | President of Gaijinworks
The Summon Night 6: Lost Borders Wonderful Edition is the result of 25 years of experience in creating new and exciting physical video game packaging and extras that surprise and delight our fans. I don’t think there’s been a better Collector’s Edition package of any game in the last ten years…definitely not for the price point we’re setting. This was too novel to be simply a Collector’s Edition or Limited Edition—it had to be something new, and that’s why I’ve called it the Wonderful Edition.