Next week, Square Enix will be releasing their multiple action RPG adventure game Final Fantasy Explorers, which features characters and other elements from a variety of past Final Fantasy games. One feature of this game will be the ability to transform into 11 renown characters using the Trance Mode system. This system will allow players to harness the power of these legendary characters, and utilise their ultimate attacks. It is one way of effectively turning the tide of battle in one’s favour.
Characters whom will be playable in Trance Mode include:
- Cecil – Final Fantasy IV | Special Move: Soul Shift
- Bartz – Final Fantasy V | Special Move: Master Mime
- Terra – Final Fantasy VI | Special Move: Riot Blade
- Tifa – Final Fantasy VII | Special Move: Final Heaven
- Cloud – Final Fantasy VII | Special Move: Omnislash
- Aerith – Final Fantasy VII | Special Move: Great Gospel
- Squall – Final Fantasy VIII | Special Move: Lion Heart
- Tidus – Final Fantasy X | Special Move: Blitz Ace
- Yuna – Final Fantasy X-2 | Special Move: Great Whirl
- Vaan – Final Fantasy XII | Special Move: Luminescence
- Lightning – Final Fantasy XIII | Special Move: Gestalt Drive
Each character will come with some familiar moves. Players can unlock the characters by speaking to the local town moogles for rare quests that reward special character magicites, which you can equip at the town’s central crystal.