Initially only available to those in attendance at E3 2015 through behind-closed-doors screenings, 2K Games and Firaxis Games have today shared their six and a half minute long gameplay walkthrough video for Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth – Rising Tide.
Available to watch at the top of this post, this video seeks to highlight oceanic gameplay, sponsors, alien life forms, new units and several other new and returning aspects of the game.
Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth – Rising Tide, an expansion to their previously released Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth, is set for release on the PC later this year. Some promoted features of this expansion can be found below:
- Building floating settlements and accessing natural resources hidden beneath the seas of the alien planet, while alien beasts with unique abilities inhabit the water and challenge players in distinctive ways;
- Shaping the diplomatic landscape by upgrading traits, changing diplomatic relationships, and leveraging the benefits of your allies, all with political capital;
- Unlocking a dynamic set of Diplomatic Traits while activating different combinations in response to the changing world;
- Playing as one of four new factions, including the Al Falah, a group of nomad explorers descended from wealthy and resilient Middle Eastern states;
- Investing in multiple Affinities to unlock hybrid Affinity units and upgrades for the first time;
- Collecting and combining alien relics via a new Artifact System that unlocks powerful benefits;
- Exploring one of two new biomes, Primordial world, an untamed biome rife with volcanic activity and indicative of a chaotic landscape still forming in the new world.