Following their recent announcement of a new Need for Speed video game being in the works, Electronic Arts and their Ghost Games studio have provided more information on the upcoming PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One racing game.
The development team have claimed that Need for Speed “introduces compelling and innovative gameplay through Five Ways to Play – Speed, Style, Build, Crew, and Outlaw”. They hope that each of these will drive your Need for Speed game through an interconnected narrative, as you carve your own path through Ventura Bay by playing different event types and propelling your progression. Further specifics on each of the five elements can be found below:
- Speed – Pedal to the metal, high speeds, maximum adrenaline rush. Keep your nerve and never lift off the gas, the fearless always push the limits.
- Style – Expression through driving, sliding the car into a corner sideways with ultimate precision. For some, style is all that matters.
- Build – Take your car to the extreme through visual and performance modification. The constant need to improve and personalize. Craftsmen build, searching for perfection.
- Crew – Ride together with your Crew and never hit the streets alone. Put your faith in others and the skill of close proximity chaos.
- Outlaw – Messing with and escaping from the cops. Push the limits and live life on the edge as you crave the thrill of the chase.
In addition to sharing their vision for this game, Electronic Arts have also confirmed that the racing game will be released on November 5 2015 in Australia, followed by a November 6 2015 release in New Zealand.
Marcus Nilsson | Executive Producer at Ghost Games
We’re bringing in Five Ways to Play to ensure that your gameplay experience is all your own and helps propel your progression every second, every minute. We want everyone to experience that perfect Need for Speed moment – driving insanely fast, sliding through a corner in your customized ride alongside your friends, whilst being chased by the cops.