Based on Pixar’s animated feature film which is set to hit cinemas very soon, Disney Infinity 3.0 is set to feature a new Inside Out Play Set. This set plans to deliver a new and innovative puzzle-solving action-platformer experience, when it is launched this Winter.
The Inside Out Play Set takes place in Riley’s mind after she inadvertently catches a glimpse of a scary movie as she is falling asleep. Her Emotions — Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness – rally together to calm the turmoil that has overtaken Imagination Land as a result of Riley seeing the movie. Broccoli, pie cannons, bats and even swamp creatures are running rampant through Riley’s mind.
In either a single-player or joined by a friend, players are tasked with helping Riley’s emotions journey through Imagination Land – working together with their own unique skills to defeat enemies, gather Riley’s displaced memories and return them to the Long Term with the help of Mind Workers before Riley awakens.
Further details on each of the five characters in the Inside Out play set can be found below:
- Joy – A ray of lighthearted, optimistic sunshine that brings cheer to every adventure. She can glide across gaps the others can’t overcome.
- Fear – Frightful bundle of nerves is the fastest runner. He can cross bridges and platforms before they collapse.
- Anger – Hot-headed powerhouse can cross beds of hot lava with ease.
- Disgust – Always disgusted, she repels off the clouds letting her jump higher than anyone.
- Sadness – Worrisome friend turns waves of sadness into melancholy fun, and can travel on clouds without them fading beneath her.
Disney Infinity 3.0 is currently in development by Avalanche Software in partnership with Ninja Theory, Sumo Digital, Studio Gobo and United Front Games. It is set to be available on a plethora of consoles including Windows PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U and smartphone/tablet (iOS/Android) devices.