For their first mobile release of 2014, Square Enix have confirmed that Final Fantasy VI is now available for purchase on the Google Play store for Android 3.2 (and after) devices at a cost of $15.99.
Final Fantasy VII was originally released on the SNES in 1994 and was later ported over to the PlayStation 1 in 1999 and Gameboy Advance in 2006. Given its age, this is the first time the game has been seen in its new visually recreated form – with Kazuko Shibuya personally working on the main characters and supervising this recreation.
Some promoted features of this release include:
- Final Fantasy VI features intuitive user-friendly controls that make the game easy to play on touch screens. In particular, the battle interface has received a complete overhaul for smartphones.
- The magicites and events that were introduced in the 2006 remake will also make a return. In addition, events have been optimized for user-friendly touch controls.
- Need a hint? Mog will help players who are stuck by telling them what they should do next.
- The album feature will allow players to revisit the story of the game, just in case they missed an event or need to catch up.
- Available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean and Chinese (Traditional/Simplified) languages.