While we have yet to hear of a Mario Party game announced for the Wii U yet, you can have the next best thing with Nintendo and NDCube planning to release Wii Party U this October for the console. In similar form to the original Wii release, you can enjoy board games and mini-games from the comfort of your own couch whether it is playing familiar tabletop games using the Wii U GamePad controller or transforming your living room into a game show floor.
Some promoted features of this title include:
– Everyone at the party competes with his or her own Mii characters in a medley of party games.
– Experience new ways to play with others using the Wii U GamePad. For example, in “Lost-and-Found Square,” imagine you are the person holding the GamePad and you are lost in a playground. Your goal is to describe your surroundings based on what you see on the GamePad in order to help the other players find your location
– Post your impressions of game sessions to Miiverse. You can rate your performance by adding a one- to five-star ranking after the match is over.
– When you want to leave the TV behind, you can choose to play exclusively on the Wii U GamePad with a wide variety of “Tabletop Minigames,” ranging from foosball to baseball, for two-player competitive and cooperative play.
– In addition to the main games that everyone can play together, there are 80 minigames that can be played on your own. These include the “Tabletop Minigame” that can be played with the Wii U GamePad only.