Simuldubs are back, and following the successful release and dubbing of the show’s first season, fans can look forward to watching newly dubbed episodes of The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 from tomorrow on both CrunchyRoll and Funimation platforms. The first new episode is scheduled to go live on Wednesday 4 May 2022 at 5.00pm ET / 2.00pm PT, with new episodes to be added on a regular basis. Japanese episodes with English subtitles will continue to be offered every Wednesday at 6.00am PT.
Based on the original manga written by Aneko Yusagi and illustrated by Seira Minami adapted from the light novel of the same name written by Aneko Yusagi, The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 is directed by Masato Jinbo (Restaurant to Another World) and studio animation by DR Movie (Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles). The English localised dub features ADR Direction by Steve Staley (Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story) and includes the voice acting talents of the following:
- Stephen Fu (Wonder Egg Priority) – English voice of Naofumi Iwatani
- Erica Mendez (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba) – English voice of Raphtalia
- Brianna Knickerbocker (The Seven Deadly Sins) – English voice of Filo
- Amber Lee Connors (Komi Can’t Communicate) – English voice of Ost Horai
- Dawn M. Bennet (Black Clover) – English voice of Eclair Seaetto
- Sean Chiplock (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind) – English voice of Kyo Ethnina
About The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2
Learning that other nations are enduring the Calamity Waves, Naofumi vows to fight. But before he can begin, word comes that the massive Spirit Tortoise is free. Left unchecked, this rampaging monster could destroy the world. He assembles companions Raphtalia and Filo and a few new allies, one of which reveals scary news—this was no accident. Someone deliberately unleashed the legendary beast!