Today you can commence new races on the streets of the United States, while tomorrow Ubisoft is inviting you to return to the age of the Vikings. The first major expansion pack released for late-2020 open-world action-adventure Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Wrath of the Druids will see Eivor embark on a new journey to Ireland, as they unravel the mysteries of an ancient druid cult known as the Children of Danu. Diving into Gaelic myths and folklore, they will have to make their way through haunted forests and “dazzling” landscapes, while helping Gaelic Kings unify Ireland.
This expansion will be available as a separate purchase or through the game’s season pass, and offers new narrative opportunities, famous historical landmarks to uncover and the new area of Celtic Ireland to explore – including three provinces and the city of Dublin.
Other features include:
- Accomplish the Royal Demands from the Gaelic Kings to gather resources.
- Claim and conquer the Ring Forts of Ireland, form alliances to dominate the trade routes to build Dublin’s wealth and establish it as the primary seat of commerce.
- Trade rare resources and exotic rewards with overseas nations to make Dublin a thriving city.
- Master a brand new type of weapon: the Sickle, a fast and deadly blade that can be dual-wielded.
- Use new abilities and skills like the Viking Salute, the Smoke Bomb Arrow, the Irish Hound Summoning, and the Sickle Combo.
- Battle and defeat new powerful enemies including the Children of Danu, a mysterious cult of Druids; Drengrs; Irish factions; and new mythical creatures.
- Discover a variety of new gear and weapons, and more customisation options for Eivor’s longship, horse, raven, tattoos, hair, and settlement decorations.
Haven’t completed Assassin’s Creed Valhalla yet but want to dive into the new content? The expansion does not require a completed save file, instead only needing you to have reached England and completed either the Grantebridgescire or Ledecestrescire arcs.