Continuing to develop themed events for their multiplayer first-person shooter Overwatch, Blizzard Entertainment has made things a bit festive over the next three weeks by launching the Winter Wonderland event. Now live on the PC, Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo Switch – this update offers new rewards for those who tackle its brawl and weekly challenges.
The event will run from today until 6 Janaury 2021. More specifics about the event can be found below:
NEW BRAWL: 4v4 Freezethaw Elimination
- In addition to Mei’s Snowball Offensive, Yeti Hunt, and Snowball Deathmatch, players will be able to experience the new brawl, 4v4 Freezethaw Elimination!
- This new game mode requires one team to completely freeze the other team in order to win.
- Players will become frozen when they would normally die.
- Teammates can thaw someone by interacting with the frozen player.
- Weekly Challenges are back for Winter Wonderland, allowing you to unlock limited-time rewards by winning nine games.
- Rewards include an array of player icons, sprays, and Epic skins!
- Week 1: Elf Junkrat (Epic)
- Week 2: Gingerbread Ana (Epic)
- Week 3: Frosty Roadhog (Epic)
- Five Legendary Skins
- Conductor Reinhardt
- Penguin Mei
- Ice Empress Moira
- Toybot Zenyatta
- Lumberjack Torbjorn
- Three Epic Skins
- Player Icons, Sprays