As part of last night’s Nintendo Mini Direct: Partner Showcase last night, Marvelous confirmed that they were working to bring the next instalment in their long-running Rune Factory series to international audiences next year. Titled Rune Factory 5, this Nintendo Switch exclusive features many mainstays of the franchise, with a few new features to justify it being a new flagship release.
Rune Factory 5 will see players embark on a new adventure in a fantasy world. After losing their memory, the hero lands in a small town blessed by nature. There, they are recruited into a band of peacekeeping rangers, and their new life begins. In addition to their normal duties, the hero can farm the land, cast a line into the nearby river, and team up with townsfolk to battle monsters using powerful combination attacks.
Some key features of Rune Factory 5 include:
▪ Tame monsters or team up with townsfolk to explore a massive world
▪ Defend the frontier and support your community as a peacekeeping ranger
▪ Unleash uniquely powerful combo attacks with your teammates
▪ Cultivate crops in the fields
▪ Find friendship, love, and family with a colourful cast of characters
Developed by Marvelous, Rune Factory 5 will be published in North America by XSEED Games & Marvelous USA, and in both Europe and Australia by Marvelous Europe.