A quick reminder for those who may have dozed off while waiting for the day-long maintenance period on Final Fantasy XIV servers to conclude. Ahead of schedule, Square Enix has opened all severs back up, and made the first wave of content as part of Patch 5.3: Reflections in Crystal available in-game.
If you haven’t read them yet and are waiting for the patch to fully download, you can find the update’s official patch notes HERE.
Some of the major inclusions in the main patch are:
- The next chapter in the main scenario quest, pitched as drawing the Shadowbringers storyline to a close.
- Introducion of the new ‘Heroes’ Gauntlet’ dungeon, which can be unlocked through the main scenario quest.
- Implementation of a “Hidden” trial, with extreme variant.
- Implementation of the second YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid, which was guest directed by NieR: Automata director Yoko Taro.
- The Sorrow of Werlyr, following on from where players left off defeating Ruby Weapon.
- Dwarf Tribe questline and daily quests.
- An overhaul of the main scenario quests for A Realm Reborn, reducing the grind found in the game’s original content.
- Mounts can now be flown in A Realm Reborn maps. This will be available to all players who have completed the main scenario quest ‘The Ultimate Weapon’. There is no need to complete any other missions to unlock flying, although requirements remain for Heavensward areas onwards.
- The first ‘Faux Hollows’ Unreal Trial will be implemented, pitting players against Shiva in Arh Afah Amphitheatre.
- Sticker Mode expansion to the group pose system