After releasing several other expansions to Goat Simulator which parody / are inspired by popular games/genres including Payday 2 (Goat Simulator: PAYDAY) and the zombie-survival genre (Goat Simulator: GoatZ), the development team at Coffee Stain Studios have shifted their focus towards a recent trend in crowdfunded space simulation games. Priced at just $4.99, Goat Simulator is set to leave the confines of the planet and head to space in Goat Simulator: Waste of Space.
According to the game’s Steam page, this downloadable content offers the following features:
- Visit space today or get old waiting for that other space game that you already paid for
- Crowdfund a space colony and get other people to pay for it and do all the work!
- Endless space full of planets to visit. but seriously it would take forever to go there so why bother
- There is one planet nearby though. Go to that one
- Fly and shoot stuff in space, because nobody makes games about flying and shooting in space anymore
- Learn how to be a real bridge commander like that spock dude from mars or whatever
- The biggest map in goat simulator history, filled to the brim with exclusive content. I know PR. Hire me Valve!
- No crew member will be left unromanced
Yep, the “key features” are filled with space-sim tropes and not-too-subtle references to other games.
For a very limited time, you can pick up the “Goat Simulator: GOATY” edition for just $11.43 USD (Down from $27.85 USD). This bundle includes all content currently released content for Goat Simulator, in addition to its original soundtrack. Alternatively, you can buy all other content in the bundle aside from “Waste of Space” for between 50-75% off for the next fifteen hours or so.