The Anno video game brand, developed by the team at Ubisoft Blue Byte is celebrating its 15 anniversary since the launch of the very first ANNO game back in 1998. Since launch, the series has spanned over a total of five main titles in the franchise as well as a number of additional adaptations including the browser game ANNO Online. To celebrate this milestone, the company have confirmed that they will be holding an “ANNOversary” event via their online game service.
People from the kingdom are travelling to settle some new islands and their flotilla needs to stop by the player’s island for provisions. Players will help them repair their ships by completing new quests. Additionally, the King’s cartographer, who has been travelling for some time, has discovered a mysterious island covered with ruins from an unknown civilisation. He will ask players to help him solve numerous mysteries and discover wondrous treasures available in this new land. To unlock sectors on this island, the player will need to finish a series of quests given by the cartographer:
- Buff the Adventurer’s building (quest)
- Find the missing persons (quest)
- Help with costs (quest)
- Explore important ruins via exploration spot mechanics: Players will have to explore spots on the map by investing time and resources, but they will be rewarded with unique rewards.
Given the new area for the event, the development team have chosen to utilize two new in-game currencies to be used exclusively during the event. These are ANNO Planks and Doubloons, both of which have different purposes:
Players can obtain this new currency by completing in-game quests and when participating in community activities such as fan fiction and fan art competitions. Depending on the amount of ANNO Planks players come to possess, several achievements will be unlocked and with each stage a reward will be provided.
Additionally, the top players will be rewarded with an exclusive “Hero of the Event” reward.
Players can obtain this new currency when completing in-game quests. It will enable players to get 3 new buildings, 2 buffs and 1 premium ship:
- Enhanced marketplace (max 2 per player): offering a larger influence area than the media marketplace
- Old Tree (max 1 per player): this building is an artefact from the Original Anno 1404. In it, players can create and collect various items every day.
- Scout’s hideout (max 1 per player): this building will reduce the time needed to explore new sectors.
- Oriental Ship (max 2 per player): capable to carry only oriental goods but in enormous amounts per trip.