Dynasty Warriors 8 returns to the kingdoms of Wei, Wu, Shu, and Jin, through the actions of historical military and political figures of the time, as they fight to gain control over the Three Kingdoms of China. The game takes the much loved series one step further, merging numerous replay elements such as multi-endings and extra modes with synergies between action and game systems for a deeper, more dramatic story than ever. Take to the battlefield with the greatest warriors in history and carve your path to glory!
Some of the games promoted features include:
- Story Mode: Featuring new episodes and characters, Story Mode takes a deeper look at the drama as it unfolds in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
- New ‘What If?’ Scenarios: Breaking away from historical fact, this mode takes a look at what could have happened if famous characters had lived to fight another day. Fulfilling certain conditions in battle will affect how scenarios develop, giving players an alternate take on the Three Kingdoms history.
- New Ambition Mode: Take on the role of a commander and build up your own camp by recruiting allies and collecting materials to construct the great Tonquetai Palace for the Emperor in this new mode.
- Free Mode: Play through unlocked scenarios as the officer of your choice, regardless of allegiance. Experience certain scenarios from the point of view of a rival kingdom.
- Three Point System: Weapons are given one of three element attributes: Heaven, Earth, or Man. Each element is strong (advantage) or weak (disadvantage) to each other in this Three Point System, greatly affecting how damaging your attacks are against enemies. Check the opposing officer’s element and switch weapons to gain the upper hand in battle.
- New Action Elements: Use the Storm Rush attack to perform a barrage of attacks, or trigger a Switch Counter for a timely counter attack. When certain conditions are met during battle, players enter a state of Rage to perform powerful Rage Attacks, and ultimately unleash a vicious True Rage Attack.
- New and Returning Characters: Over 70 playable characters, with returning fan-favorites and 10 new members to the series—including the highly anticipated officers Yue Jin and Li Dian from the Wei Kingdom.
- Co-op play: Offline and online co-op play for two players!
- A New Landscape: Taking further inspiration from the landscape of ancient China, a stronger emphasis is given to the setting of these epic battles. 44 new stages have been created, including verdant plains, sharp ravines, desolate wastelands, and towering castles!
We cannot display this gallery