CCP Games, the team behind the decade-running online game EVE Online are in the middle of their annual fanfest events, and have made a number of announcements to mark the coming of their tenth anniversary. While their first two announcements have focused around their decade-running online game EVE Online, their third announcement pertains to their more recent venture DUST 514, which is currently in open beta phase on the Playstation 3.
The company have today confirmed that DUST 514 will be leaving open beta and seeing its official launch for the 14th May 2013. As with open beta, this free to play, first person shooter is set to launch exclusively for the Playstation 3. They claim that launch is only the beginning for the new title, and that gamers can look forward to an ever-progressing game, built on the experience CCP has gathered over the past decade, as new features and upgrades are rolled out for years to come.
With the launch of DUST 514, the struggle for interstellar dominance in New Eden escalates as DUST mercenaries forge their path to glory. The power to topple empires will be in the hands of all who choose to seize it. The game’s massive battlegrounds, deadly weapons, and futuristic vehicles form the foundation of the deep first-person shooter action that awaits. DUST 514 is also fully integrated with New Eden, the notorious setting of EVE Online, massive game universe that recently surpassed a half-million subscribers worldwide. As DUST players wage war in this first-person shooter at unprecedented scale, the outcome of each ground battle impacts the persistent universe, shifting the tide of war for legions of participants. Mercenaries can gain the advantage by coordinating with starship pilots in EVE Online, calling in devastating orbital strikes against opposing squads. The fortunes of DUST 514 players will rise and fall as they align themselves with like-minded warriors to make their mark across the EVE Universe.
Some promoted features of this game include:
- Massive Persistent Universe: Wage war on the surfaces of far-flung planets with countless environmental combinations.
- Planetary Conquest: Marshal your forces in a continuous, ever-changing battle to conquer the worlds of New Eden and control their resources.
- Large-scale Warfare: Vie for control of unique sci-fi battlefields with up to 32 players in simultaneous combat.
- Endless Customization: Create custom mercenaries with lethal dropsuits, skills and weapons.
- Vehicles On-demand: Acquire, outfit and deploy heavily armed and armored vehicles, on land and in the skies.
- Social Sandbox: Build a formidable corporation with thousands of players as you seize the opportunities and bounties that come with galactic conflict.
- Connected Experience: For the first time ever, join forces in a cross-platform gaming experience with the immortal starship pilots of EVE Online to conquer New Eden, one skirmish at a time.
Hilmar Veigar Pétursson | CEO of CCP
Reaching this point has required many years, hundreds of CCP employees, and the engagement of millions of players who contributed fantastic feedback during the beta process. Now we start the real journey, which, decades from now, we will look back on with astonishment at all we accomplished. The EVE Universe will outlive us all.