CCP Games, the team behind the decade-running online game EVE Online are in the middle of their annual fanfest events, and have made a number of announcements to mark the coming of their tenth anniversary. The first major announcement is the planned release of EVE: The Second Decade Collector’s Edition, a limited edition box set containing numerous unique items. This will not only include the game and assumingly some game time, but also a few extra goodies including:
- Into the Second Decade, a 190-page, richly illustrated hardcover book commemorating the first 10 years of the EVE Universe. Into the Second Decade details the initial release of EVE Online, and chronicles its growth through the game’s numerous free expansions, the community events that helped define the experience, and the launch of DUST 514.
- “Rifter” USB hub, a four-port USB hub modeled on an iconic EVE Online ship.
- EVE Symphony CD, a live performance of the signature EVE soundtrack by the Icelandic Symphony Orchestra, recorded in Reykjavik during EVE Fanfest 2013.
- The Danger Game board game, an English-language adaptation of the popular Icelandic board game. Created by a fledgling CCP in 1998, The Danger Game (Icelandic: Hættuspil) helped fund development of the original EVE Online release.
In addition to these physical goodies, the company will include a number of one-time-use codes for both EVE Online and their upcoming Playstation 3 release of DUST 514. The in-game items include:
- The “Golden Pod,” an exclusive skin for the iconic capsule (EVE Online).
- A “Gnosis” Blueprint, a five-run blueprint of the 10th anniversary Gnosis, the Society of Conscious Thought battlecruiser (EVE Online).
- The “Time Capsule,” a selection of collectible items based on classic EVE lore as well as memorable moments over the first decade (EVE Online).
- A new skin for the Amarr Magnate frigate (EVE Online).
- A selection of exclusive male and female clothing items and accessories to dress your pilot in style (EVE Online)
- Powerful weapons and a collection of “Templar” dropsuits for (DUST 514).
- The box set will also include a “Mystery Code” that will grant owners special, but currently secret, benefits related to future CCP products and events.
This entire collection is a tad pricey, coming in at $149.99/€149.99, and can now be ordered through the official EVE Store and Amazon.
David Reid | Chief Marketing Officer at CCP
EVE Online is a unique experience in gaming, with the most passionate, imaginative and loyal gamers anywhere growing and evolving the EVE universe for over ten years. This collector’s edition was created in honor of and specifically for those who have truly brought EVE’s solar systems to life.