As they have done with a couple of other titles in the past (Eg. Clannad), Sentai Filmworks chose to release a number of titles to the North American market with a Japanese dub only, before later releasing an edition with newly produced English audio. Rather than force consumers to buy the same series a second time around, their distributor Section23 Films in collaboration with Right Stuf International have confirmed that anime fans can purchase this new edition at a greatly reduced price – for both the new DVD release and if applicable, a new blu-ray release.
More information, including the forms you need to send off can be picked up via the dedicated page on Rightstuf.com. Unfortunately, if you purchased any of the sets but reside outside of the US or Canada, you are at this time out of luck.
The following releases are valid for this upgrade program:
- Maria Holic Complete Collection (Offer Expires 9/30/2014)
- Maria Holic Alive Complete Collection (Offer Expires 7/31/2014)
- Mayo Chiki! Complete Collection (Offer Expires 2/28/2015) – NOTE, the dub upgrade isn’t expected until August 2014.
- MM! Complete Collection (Offer Expires 8/31/2014)
- Nyan Koi! Complete Collection (Offer Expires 7/31/2014)
- Special A (SA) Complete Collection (Offer Expires 7/31/2014)