In a little more than a week from today, players will have the opportunity to revisit the world of Etrian Odyssey on the Nintendo Switch in Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection – specifically revised experiences offered by the previously (3)DS exclusive series’ first three games. Before you adventure into the labyrinth for either your first time or your hundredth time, check out what awaits you in this new ‘How To’ trailer.
In addition to basic gameplay that has been a series staple since 2007, this two-and-a-half minute trailer also focuses on new features, including a new ‘Picnic’ difficulty setting, new auto-mapping features given the lack of a dual-screen set-up, and skill trees which allow you to further tailor each character to your liking.
In each of the three games, you will take the helm of a guild as a leader of new adventurers, seeking to make it big in each title’s respective labyrinth. Traverse and draw a map of the environment while encountering enemies large and small in turn-based combat, then return to town to rest, sell materials for better equipment, and manage your party, selecting from a collection of heroes to build the right team for the job.
Promoted features of Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection include:
- Survive a vast, labyrinthian forest on the edge of a peaceful village in Etrian Odyssey HD, journey to a floating castle in the sky in Etrian Odyssey II HD, and be transported to an oceanic paradise and rumors of a drowned city in Etrian Odyssey III HD.
- Touch screen mapping functionality for the Nintendo Switch: Plot your progress through the labyrinth, drawing walls and placing icons to note special events and resources.
- Newly remastered graphics, remastered soundtrack and quality of life improvements including difficulty selection and save slots.
- Easy access to the Monstrous Codex, quest log and skill tree.
- Maximize your adventuring by optimizing your party, choose the character classes that work for your playstyle.
Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection will be releasing on 1 June 2023 exclusively on the Nintendo Switch. The game is published by ATLUS West, and will be distributed in Australia and New Zealand by the team at Five Star Games.