Mojang has announced that a new update, titled Caves & Cliffs: Part 1, will be rolled out onto Minecraft servers starting 8 June 2021. This update will be available on virtually all platforms Minecraft is actively being developed for, including the Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android and Windows 10 – alongside the Java Edition on Windows, macOS and Linux.
So, what can players expect from this update? Some of the confirmed content in this part of the wider Caves and Cliffs update include:
- The adorable yet predatorial axolotl
- Goats… it wouldn’t be a cliffs update without the complementary goats
- Glow Squid and Glow Ink
- New blocks, some of which will just “pop” up around the world while others may be harder to discover. These blocks include:
- Copper Block
- The craftable Spyglass, which allows players to see far off into the distance
- The craftable Lightning Rods, which emit a redstone signal when struck by lightning
If tie-in downloadable content is more your thing, Mojang are partnering with Cartoon Network to offer a DLC Pack around Ben 10. This paid DLC, to be available from the Minecraft Marketplace, comes with to separate modes:
Step up and face an epic challenge by helping Ben, Gwen, and Grandpa Max to recover lost alien DNA from the Omnitrix. Players will transform into all of Ben’s alien heroes to defeat iconic villains like Vilgax, Zombozo, and Kevin 11.
This mode is for players that want to access all the alien DNA right away. Take Rath for a stroll up the side of a skyscraper, or speed down the highway as XLR8 – the sky’s the limit, but there are still villains to defeat!