As with every odd numbered year, players of Square Enix’s successful Final Fantasy XIV MMORPG have a new expansion pack on the horizon to both purchase and play. During the first day of Final Fantasy XIV Digital Fan Festival, new details were shared about the expansion – titled Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker – including that the expansion will be available physically and digitally starting 23 November 2021.
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker will be released worldwide for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and Wincows PC starting 23 November 2021, with an early access period starting (tentatively) on Friday 19 November 2021 at 1.00am PST. Pre-orders have now commenced being taken.
A special Collector’s Edition Box Set will be available through select retailers, including the Square Enix Online Store. The PC version will come with a copy of the game, while the PS4, PS5 and Steam editions will be available as a separate purchase with no game included. Depending on where you live, stock may be limited or completely unavailable.
This edition includes:
- Endwalker Special Art Box – A unique glossy white-inlaid box that features an illustration of Hydaelyn and Zodiark by artist Yoshitaka Amano.
- Expertly Crafted Paladin Figure – An impressive high-quality figure that showcases the Warrior of Light as a paladin using Passage of Arms to shield allies from harm. Including the base, the figure’s dimensions are approximately W 6.10″ x D 8.46″ x H 7.28″ (W 15.5cm x D 21.5cm x H 18.5cm).
- Art Collection & Frame Set – A collection of ten B5-sized (approx. 7.2″ x 10.1″ / 18.2cm x 25.7cm) art prints featuring key visuals from throughout the history of FINAL FANTASY XIV, from version 1.0 through Endwalker. The set also includes a frame so you can showcase your favorite image.
- Azem Pin – A pin created to mimic the appearance of Azem’s crystal. Designed to fit in the palm of your hand at approximately 1″ x 1.2″ (2.5cm x 3.0cm).
- Loporrit Mini Plush – A mini plush version of a Loporrit. The plush is approximately 6.5″ tall (16.5cm).
Those not willing to splurge may want to pick up the Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker Digital Collector’s Edition, which includes the following in-game goodies:
- In-game Item: Arion Mount – A new mount designed to complement paladin, the signature job of Endwalker.
- In–game Item: Wind-up Porom Minion – Porom, one of the young twins who joins your party in FINAL FANTASY IV, arrives as a minion you can share new adventures with.
- In-game Item: Death Scythe: Reaper Weapon – The Death Scythe from FINAL FANTASY XI makes its appearance in FINAL FANTASY XIV as a reaper-exclusive weapon.
Those wanting to just pre-order without any fancy goodies will be eligible for the following bonuses from participating outlets:
- Early Access – Early access is tentatively scheduled to begin on Friday, November 19, 2021 at 1:00 a.m. (PST) and will allow users the ability to play Endwalker before the official release.
- In-game Item: Menphina Earring – A gorgeous earring with a design that draws inspiration from the moon. This useful earring features attributes that will vary according to the user’s class/job and current level when equipped and grants a 30% increase in EXP up to level 80 when worn.
- In-game Item: Wind-up Palom Minion – Palom, one of the young twins who joins your party in FINAL FANTASY IV, arrives as a minion you can share new adventures with.
New Job: The Reaper
The second of Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker’s new jobs is The Reaper, a scythe-swinging melee DPS whose niche is that they can call upon an avatar from the void to join them in close-quarter combat. They can even power themselves up further by becoming a host for the avatar.
Race Update: Male Viera
Subject to popular demand, you will be able to become a sexy topless (optional) bunny boy with Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker including the option to become a male Viera.
New Areas: Labyrinthos and Mare Lamentorum
Two major new areas have been confirmed for Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker – Labyrinthos and Mare Lamentorum. Within the area are new tribles to encounter (such as the adorable Loporrits), new threats (Such as the FFXIV version of the Magus Sisters), new dungeons/trials and a new Alliance Raid Series titled “Myths of the Realm”.
Oceanic Data Center
Arguably the announcement I am most torn about is the decision to, during the Endwalker development cycle, for Square Enix to begin offering an Oceanic Data Center. This will become the fourth regional server after Japan, North America and Europe. The question is… will this have a strong uptake from ANZ and SEA players who have scattered themselves across the other data centers and may fear of leaving their tight-nit communities, or will it fizzle out into dead servers?