Are you an early adopter of the PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X and cannot wait to dive straight back into Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege? While you can play it right now through backwards compatibility, for those awaiting for a version of the game to embrace next-gen hardware, you need only wait until Tuesday. Ubisoft has confirmed that both versions will launch worldwide on Tuesday 1 December 2020.
Current players on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One will be able to keep their progression, and also upgrade their game at no extra cost on the same family of devices. Cross-generation play is also available within the same family of devices, allowing PlayStation 5 players to face PlayStation 4 players, and Xbox One players to face Xbox Series X|S players. Cross-play between different families of consoles or between PC and consoles is still not supported..
Enhancements to the next-generation versions of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege are mostly graphical, and include:
- 4K resolution (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X) / 1080p (Xbox Series S)
- 120 fps (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X)
- DualSense™ wireless controller capabilities for even deeper immersion (PlayStation 5)
- Activities support for the most popular playlists so players can dive into the game faster (PlayStation 5)
If you are not upgrading yet, 1 December 2020 will mark the release of a new update to the game, bringing experience improvements including:
- Better accessibility (readability options, text to speech and speech to text)
- Quick start (optimised login flow, streamlined intro sequence)
- Ubisoft Connect overlay