Video game publisher PQube have recently confirmed that their newest fighting game offering – UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st] will be available for purchase on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita on February 9 2018. UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st] is the newest work by long-time 2D fighting game developer Arc System Works and French Bread, the latter whom has been behind fighting games such as Melty Blood.
PQube has described this as a game that “truly nails the perfect balance between traditional 2D fighter gameplay and the over-the-top action of ‘anime’ fighters”. It boasts:
- A total of 20 playable characters: Both returning characters and some new faces including Phonon, Mika, Enkidu and Wagner.
- 19 stages to battle them out on. This includes four new areas: Cafeteria, Children’s Playground, Momiji Alley and the Cathedral of the Far East.
- An all-new UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH single-player story mode
- Rebalanced gameplay, with PQube claiming that “Old favourites have new abilities and new gameplay elements have been added, including the ‘Veil Off’ system that opens up new combo opportunities.”.
- A mission mode which seeks to let players “Learn new skills in a dedicated combo challenge mode and take on some of the hardest challenges in the game”.
- An “expansive” tutorial mode which sets out to teach “all the skills necessary to level up your game”