IAHGames Dragonica Servers to Shut Down
Those who have been reading this site since 2008-2009 may remember my many posts regarding IAHGames’ English and Malaysian servers for Dragonica. Spawning many posts from Alpha Test review to “The Newbies Guide to Dragonica” to the Dragonica Fashion Parades and even the mysterious guild “TheAddicts”, even if I have not done much coverage on the game over the last couple of years – I really did enjoy the game and have met many great people through it – from the IAH Staff and Mod buddies I met during my stint as Super Moderator on the official forums, to the many people I chatted with in-game and at “Etakon’s Tavern”.
From the Open Beta Test (and Pre-alpha, Alpha and Closed Beta tests), many have witnessed this game grow as the first English server, but the licensing contract between Gravity Games and IAHGames have come to an end, and they have come to the conclusion to discontinue the game service for two regions – Dragonica’s Singapore and Malaysia server. All game services will be ceased on the 30th May 2012.
To show their support to loyal followers of the game, the company has offered this list of key events leading up to closure:
5th May 2012 13:00 (GMT+8)
– All items in the Cash Shop will be reduced to 1 Cash Points.
23th May 2012 15:00 (GMT+8)
– Dragonica gamers who have remaining Cash Points in their account will be able to get exclusive starter package to 3 games of IAHGames. (Fifa Online 2, Granado Espada and Counter Strike Online). Codes will be distributed via eDM (To registered email from IAHGames passport)
25th May 2012 12:00 (GMT+8)
– For gamers who top up from 28th of April 12:00hrs to 5th of May, 12:00hrs, the amount will be returned and credited to iWallet on 25th May 2012
9th -29th May2012
– Online Events (Crazy Hour Exp Boost, Upgrading / Item Enhancement Event)
30th May 2012 12:00 (GMT+8)
– Countdown to the final hour of Dragonica
– End of online service.
Got a message to share? They have opened up a Farewell Dragonica! forum board which you can post to HERE.
The video that started my “The Newbies Guide to Dragonica” series