R.I.P.D. (Rest in Peace Department): The Game Now Available For Digital Download
Video game publisher ATLUS USA have today confirmed that the R.I.P.D. (Rest in Peace Department) is searching for a new batch of recruits, and invite you to download “R.I.P.D.: The Game” on the Playstation Network, Xbox Live and Steam services. The game will set players back either $9.99 or 800 Microsoft Points dependent on the console of choice.
Based on the upcoming Universal Pictures’ film R.I.P.D., in theaters on July 19, the game features non-stop third- person and over-the-top action. The game was developed through a licensing agreement with Universal Partnerships & Licensing. Players will take up the holsters of two cops dispatched by the otherworldly Rest In Peace Department to protect and serve the living from an increasingly destructive array of souls who refuse to move peacefully to the other side.
Some promoted features of this title include:
- Film Authenticity - Working directly with Universal, Old School received ongoing access to the movie materials so that players could experience a faithful adaptation of the unique world of R.I.P.D., including environments, enemies, weaponry, effects and humor from the film.
- Partner with Your Friends Online - Two-player online co-op allows wannabe gunslingers to use teamwork as they battle their way through the game. Your enemies won’t have a chance against the right team strategy.
- Over-the-Top Action -Gunslingers will blast, impale, explode, and arrest enemies just as the heroes do in the film.
- Unique In-Game Betting System - Co-op partners can put their in-game currency where their mouth is with a new feature that allows them to bet on who’s a better R.I.P.D. officer. Measured by which player can capture the most enemies, who can stay standing the longest, and other action-packed challenges, the virtual betting system allows players to always keep the stakes high.
- Challenges Galore - Being an R.I.P.D. officer doesn’t mean blasting enemies all the time. Random challenges will appear during each stage to allow players to test their mettle for extra gold pieces.