Germany based independent game development studio ‘Black Forest Games’ have recently announced that their upcoming platformer ‘Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams’ is headed to the PC on the 23rd October 2012.
The game is one of the success stories coming from the community funding website ‘Kickstarter’, totaling $186,158 in funds pledged by 6,149 backers – a little over $40,000 past their original goal of $150,000. The title, was one of three suggested to the community, with a resounding 76% of votes for Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is a fast-paced platformer with its own twist. Players can warp Giana’s dream into a nightmarish world of wonder, changing her abilities and interactions. Taking this into account, players must use their skills, speed, brains and powers to defeat the dangers that populate her twisted dreams.
The following are some of the key features the company is promoting for the upcoming release:
● Powerful Abilities: Giana moves through the dream according to her desires and mood. When confronted, she can hammer past or drift on by. You make the call.
● Intuitive Controls and Smooth Gameplay: Controlling Giana is a breeze, but you’ll eventually need every trick in her arsenal to defeat the cunning trials ahead.
● Amazing Worlds: Giana’s dream worlds leap off the screen with gorgeous 3D graphics and the fantastic alterations of the morph!
● Tons of Cool Interactions: As Giana changes, so does the world around her. Fly with bubblegum, ride conveyor belts, power along with repeaters, hop on springs, and even more.
● Legendary Soundtrack with Chris Hülsbeck and Machinae Supremacy!
● Explore and Discover: There are 16 rich levels across 3 distinct worlds, each transforming into the two dream worlds. Giana’s dreams are abound with secret locations.
● Epic Boss Battles: Gigantic creatures from the depths of Giana’s most terrifying nightmares are here to play too. Seriously, these guys are just plain brutal!
While the PC version is set to be released in October, Black Forest Games also have an intent on releasing the game via both XBox Live Arcade and the Playstation Network next year. If you are interested in seeing it on Steam, vote it up on Steam Greenlight.