Fruitbat Factory, an independent game localization company have announced that their upcoming tactical simulation game “War of the Human Tanks” will be released on the PC starting from the 14th September 2012. If you are uncertain about the game, the company will also be offering a free demo version of their game from the 4th September through Desura, Gamersgate and Indievania. The demo will feature 5 full levels of the game, which can be ported to the full-release.
Ozhan Sen | Localization Manager at Fruitbat Factory
With its length the demo should give everyone a good taste of the game. I hope everyone enjoys the gameplay in the demo because it only gets better in the full version.
You can currently pre-order the game through Desura for $9.99. The OST for this game can also be purchased for $3.99. A review for the game should be posted up on The Otaku’s Study shortly after launch.
War of the Human Tanks series pits the group of Human Tanks commanded by the player against the opposing Commanding Officers and their forces in a campaign fought on a series of grid-based maps. Players will have to use their wits to upgrade their units and utilize them to the best of their abilities in order to progress throughout the game.
Features of the full game will include:
- Fast-paced strategic battles in over 30 maps
- Use resources earned from battles to develop new tanks
- Customize your tanks with various modules to deadly effect
- Multiple endings based on your performance
- Replay the story keeping your previously earned units and resources
- Free battle mode to practice and gather extra supplies
- English localization features two all-new bonus maps, hand-drawn battle backgrounds and an improved user interface