While there were nothing much in terms of major announcements so far at this years Gamescom, it has been confirmed that Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time is one of the three recently announced titles to be part of the Cross-Buy program between the Playstation 3 and Playstation Vita – where if you buy the game on either the Playstation 3 or Playstation Vita – you will be able to pick up the either at a sizable discount if not free.
The critically-acclaimed Sly Cooper® franchise makes its triumphant return with its latest installment, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, the first, original full-featured debut for PS3 and PS Vita developed by Sanzaru Games, the studio behind the Sly Cooper Collection. Featuring a brand new, humorous time-traveling adventure, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time brings back the gameplay Sly fans know and love, but also delivers a fresh gameplay experience with epic boss battles, all new stealth and combat moves, playable ancestors, collectible costumes with special abilities, engaging puzzle elements and much more.
- Sanzaru Games collaborated with Sucker Punch Productions on bringing the Sly franchise to PS3 first with The Sly Collection and now with Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. Sanzaru Games has taken everything they learned on The Sly Collection and evolved it with Thieves in Time.
- Time Travel Adventure – Embark on an all-new Sly Cooper adventure that will have players traveling through time and navigating through exciting action missions, interactive puzzle elements, and epic boss battles in Sly and the gang’s biggest escapade yet.
- Deep Gameplay Experience Powered by PS3 – The Sly Cooper franchise evolves onto PS3 with a deeper, more engaging gameplay experience, including re-designed characters, all new stealth and combat moves, larger, more interactive worlds for enhanced exploration and thievery, and much more.
- Signature Sly Cooper Humor – In classic Sly Cooper style, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Times introduces a new humorous, rich storyline, featuring iconic personalities.
- Playable Cast of Characters – Featuring the return of the original voice acting cast, Sly Cooper and his partners in crime, Murray and Bentley are back, as well as a variety of other playable characters that have their own unique play styles and signature moves.
- Collectable Costumes – New collectable costumes unlock special abilities, giving you more options for skillful offensive and defensive maneuvers.
- Stunning 3D Visuals – Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time will be playable in full, vibrant Stereoscopic 3D.
- Sly Cooper on PS Vita – PS Vita users will be introduced to a series of signature PS Vita controls to further immersive themselves in Sly Cooper’s world, including dual analogue sticks for precision control of their character, front and rear touch controls and motion control gameplay.
- Cross-Save – For the first time in the franchise’s 10 year history, fans can now take their campaign with them on the go with cross-save. With the ability to share save files between the PS3 and PS Vita, users can now save their progress to the cloud and take their Thieves in Time campaign with them on the road to continue anytime, anywhere.
- Cross-Play – Sly Cooper on PS Vita supports Cross-Play, using the PS Vita players will be able to help each other by finding secret treasures and collecting pictures of valuable art throughout history. Players using the PS Vita will be able to sense these hidden treasures and then touch their screen, sending a ping to the player on the PS3 and helping them search them out. By using the PS Vita as a camera, the players will be able to find various paintings and objects d’art on the PS3 and then capture their images which the player then can convert to coins.
That is certainly a lot of features….