With a new Playstation console comes a new LittleBigPlanet game. Due for release next month exclusively on the Playstation Vita, LittleBigPlanet (Vita) brings the classic gameplay and creativity tools from the original games and builds upon them with tools to make use of the Playstation Vita’s unique capabilities.
On the fairground planet of Carnivalia, a puppeteer creates wonderful toys full of all his joy and love of life to star in his travelling shows. But being forever hidden behind the scenes, The Puppeteer grows lonely and bitter and the magic of his shows begins to fade – until one day, he is booed off stage. In a fit of rage, The Puppeteer throws his toys away and retreats into isolation. Left feeling hollow inside, he becomes obsessed with creating replacement toys to fill the void and takes control of Carnivalia, using the planet to extract people’s happiness and give life to his new creations.
But joy and laughter are essential elements of the Imagisphere, and every piece stolen for himself destroys the glue that holds LittleBigPlanet together, leaving it torn, tattered, and coming apart at the seams. Realising the error of his ways, The Puppeteer tries to put a stop to his experiments. But the joy-stealing process has created an army of mean-spirited creatures called The Hollows, who imprison The Puppeteer and take his experiments in an evil new direction. Now, to save LittleBigPlanet and return Carnivalia to a place of fun and laughter, Sackboy™ must discover the truth behind The Puppeteer’s actions and reunite him with his long lost puppet friends.
- Join Sackboy in a whole new adventure for the first time on PS Vita and travel through five colourful Carnivalia worlds using all of the PS Vita system’s functions.
- Interact with the LittleBigPlanet in more ways than ever before using all of the intuitive PS Vita system controls to create and play your own games.
- Create your own arcade style mini-games to save, share with other LittleBigPlanet™ players and enjoy wherever you are.
- Play multiplayer games with up to three friends using multi-touch and the “Pass’n’Play” system.
- Take the fun online and play alongside up to three of Sackboy’s friends via online or Ad Hoc Mode.
- Automatically unlock and use any LittleBigPlanet™ content you’ve previously downloaded on PS3™ or PSP® (PlayStation®Portable).
Given its impending release and plenty of previous opportunities for them to promote the title, there is little in the way of new features they previewed at Gamescom 2012. Instead the company announced that a bundle will be released alongside the game alone featuring a copy of LBP and a Wi-Fi Playstation Vita for approximately €249