Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus were undoubtedly successful games for the Nintendo Wii, openly encouraging fitness and fun at the same time all from the comfort of your own home (Although unfortunately coming with the same level of sweat buildup). For the Wii U, Nintendo have decided to develop a brand new release of the game which brings favorite exercises from Wii Fit Plus and more than 20 new activities and exercises to incorporated the Wii U Gamepad in some shape or form. The following are a few promoted features of the game:
- Wii Fit U features more than 20 new activities and exercises that integrate the unique features of the GamePad and/or the Wii Balance Board.
- Single-screen activities or exercises can be played using the GamePad without a TV screen. You can also use the GamePad to check personal information, such as your weight, without displaying it on the big screen.
- You can carry the portable Fit Meter everywhere to take a comprehensive record of your daily activity. A variety of data, such as the number of steps taken or the elevation climbed, can be synced with the Wii U console to show how much activity takes place throughout the day.
- Most of the Yoga and Strength exercises from Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus are back, and you will even be able to transfer your previous save data.
- Friends and family members can take turns using their own Mii characters within various activities.
The game is due for release during the consoles launch window.