Was this really any surprise? After successful releases of Atelier Rorona and Atelier Totori, Nippon Ichi Software America have announced they will be releasing the third installment in the Alchemists of Arland Trilogy, Atelier Meruru this upcoming Spring. Follow Princess Meruru (That’s right, no backalley Alchemy for us) on her journey to expand her kingdom using the power of alchemy. As a pupil of Totori Helmond and Rorona who has a new appearance completely be prepared for a new adventure all about capitalizing off mass produced items, killing everything from Punis to Dragons, holding relationships with even more characters than any previous installment and of course…. screaming “BARREL!” at barrels!
About Atelier Meruru:
The tiny kingdom of Arls, located on the northeastern border of the Arland Republic, is where Princess Meruru calls home. Ever since she was exposed to alchemy by famed adventurer Totori Helmold, all she could think about was becoming an alchemist. With Totori’s guidance, Meruru sets out to develop her home kingdom of Arls using the power of alchemy. On her way, Meruru will encounter new adventures, obstacles, mysteries, and friends, and discover what life is like outside the castle walls. How you choose to guide her through the advancement of her land will determine the final outcome in the tale of Atelier Meruru
- New “Development” system: develop new areas and facilities in Arls to gain access to even more lands to explore!
- Developing new areas and facilities will change the appearance of the in-game world! How you develop the kingdom will alter the outcome of the story.
- Classic turn-based battles feature a Time Card turn system, making the battles even more strategic!
- Master item synthesis with the help of the ever-popular Homs!
- Fan-favorite characters from previous Atelier games return with more stories and mysteries to uncover
The previous installments: Atelier Rorona and Atelier Totori have both recieved strong scores on this site with both earning B+ grades. Will this installment cross the series over into the A-Rank category or even join the few in the S-rank? We shall find out this spring!. While there are no English trailers for the game as of yet, I have included two Japanese trailers for the game – one at the top of the post and one at the bottom. Do enjoy them!